Problem With the FTP Servers

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Rezasoftware, Nov 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rezasoftware

Rezasoftware Registered Member

Hi.
    I cant download anything from the ftp servers and I according to Internet download manager support its about the anti virus/firewall.

some of the anti viruses/firewalls like bit defender has an update that can fix this problem.I want to know how it works on Eset Smart Security.
    I really need some help in this.so please help me.
    thanks.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Does disabling ESS firewall make a difference? If not, what about switching integration to "Personal firewall is completely disabled" in the advanced update setup followed by a computer restart?

3. Rezasoftware

No it doesn't make any difference.

4. dwomack

dwomack Eset Staff Account

I know it sounds a bit extreme but if disabling ESS doesn't help, does it help to uninstall ESS completely?

If the issue continues with ESS uninstalled, the issue might be connected to your router settings, ftp settings or another conflict.
    If the issue goes away with ESS uninstalled, try reinstalling and updating it. If the issue returns, let us know.

5. Rezasoftware

the problem fixed when I uninstalled ESS.

6. Marcos

If setting firewall integration to "Disable personal firewall completely" then there's no chance ESS would intervene in network communication. I assume that disabling HIPS as well as automatic real-time protection start follwed by a computer restart doesn't make any difference either, does it?

7. Rezasoftware

No,it doesn't but when I uninstalled ESS the problem was fixed.anyway...I'm going to use another antivirus.
    thanks for your time.

8. Marcos

There's always an option that an ESET employee connects to your computer and tries to solve the issue remotely.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.