Problem with Spywareblaster & Xoftspy

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by gmassoc, Jun 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gmassoc

gmassoc Registered Member

Hi There

I wonder whether anyone can help with an issue that's come up when I run Xoftspy after having installed the latest version of Spywareblaster.

When I run Xoftspy it shows up 4 registry keys as potentially dangerous:-

CoolWebSearch
    Winpup32 (times 2)
    CWS Oslogo

If I ask it to delete these I find that items CoolWebSearch (233) and XXX Toolbar are removed from the protection list in Spywareblaster.

Conversely if I reinstate them they both appear again as potential threats in the registry when I run Xoftspy again.

Can you please advise me why these items are entered in the registry and should I remove them or ignore them.

Many thanks

George M o_O

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

What your seeing and as you summized....Xoftspy is presenting you with False positives of sites that are listed in SpywareBlasters Restricted Zone site list.

3. gmassoc

gmassoc Registered Member

Many thanks - I guessed it would be something like that. But what still puzzzles me is why it only happens with these couple of items and not the rest. Presumably its more to do with how Xoftspy works than Spywareblaster

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.