Problem with SOL and Firefox with phishing warnings..

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by iNsuRRecTioN, Jan 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iNsuRRecTioN

iNsuRRecTioN Registered Member

Hi there,

I got from time to time phishing warnings with SOL and most the time they are fp..

So no problem you think, I can say ignore, wrong.

Joe, everytime I say ignore to the popup, after that I cannot anymore connect to any webpage. The whole Firefox webbrowser is down and no tab is working anymore..

I'm using Windows 7 x64 Ultimate with Firefox 3.6.13 and latest Prevx Facebook.

But it has nothing with Windows 7 to do, because I get the same errors with Windows XP SP3 and Firefox 3.6.13 on another older system..
    (I'm writing this on a laptop..)

So what's the catch?

I don't want to have to restart the Firefox webbrowser, only because Prevx SOL is not working properly.. :cautious: :mad:

regards,

iNsuRRecTiON

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Unfortunately this is how we've currently designed it - when a website is blocked, SafeOnline blocks all currently open websites as it is likely that the blocked website was opened from another website. We've improved this behavior in Prevx 4 so it won't affect your other tabs now but I don't believe we'll be able to change Prevx 3 to support the more precise website blocking, but blocked websites are very infrequent so it shouldn't be a frequent issue for users.

3. iNsuRRecTioN

Sorry it is not infrequent, it is often! :mad:

Everytime I click an email in my gmx.net webmail account, I got this phishing fp..!

How can I report fp in Prevx 3? Is that better in Prevx 4, can I better report fp phishing there?

I cannot work with SOL anymore because of this, I have to complete disable it.. :doubt:

regards,

iNsuRRecTiON

4. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

If you PM me the full URL of the website you're trying to visit, I should be able to fix it here :)

5. iNsuRRecTioN

Hi there,

sorry for the delay, but I was ill and couldn't go online.

I pm you the URL.

regards,

iNsuRRecTiON

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.