Problem with SOL and Firefox with phishing warnings..

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by iNsuRRecTioN, Jan 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iNsuRRecTioN

iNsuRRecTioN Registered Member

Hi there,

I got from time to time phishing warnings with SOL and most the time they are fp..

So no problem you think, I can say ignore, wrong.

Joe, everytime I say ignore to the popup, after that I cannot anymore connect to any webpage. The whole Firefox webbrowser is down and no tab is working anymore..

I'm using Windows 7 x64 Ultimate with Firefox 3.6.13 and latest Prevx Facebook.

But it has nothing with Windows 7 to do, because I get the same errors with Windows XP SP3 and Firefox 3.6.13 on another older system..
    (I'm writing this on a laptop..)

So what's the catch?

I don't want to have to restart the Firefox webbrowser, only because Prevx SOL is not working properly.. :cautious: :mad:

regards,

iNsuRRecTiON

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Unfortunately this is how we've currently designed it - when a website is blocked, SafeOnline blocks all currently open websites as it is likely that the blocked website was opened from another website. We've improved this behavior in Prevx 4 so it won't affect your other tabs now but I don't believe we'll be able to change Prevx 3 to support the more precise website blocking, but blocked websites are very infrequent so it shouldn't be a frequent issue for users.

3. iNsuRRecTioN

Sorry it is not infrequent, it is often! :mad:

Everytime I click an email in my gmx.net webmail account, I got this phishing fp..!

How can I report fp in Prevx 3? Is that better in Prevx 4, can I better report fp phishing there?

I cannot work with SOL anymore because of this, I have to complete disable it.. :doubt:

regards,

iNsuRRecTiON

4. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

If you PM me the full URL of the website you're trying to visit, I should be able to fix it here :)

5. iNsuRRecTioN

Hi there,

sorry for the delay, but I was ill and couldn't go online.

I pm you the URL.

regards,

iNsuRRecTiON

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.