Problem with Software Restriction Policies

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by wearetheborg, Feb 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wearetheborg

wearetheborg Registered Member

Win 7 Pro

I activated SRP, and here are my addtional rules:
    Code:
    %HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRoot%
    %HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ProgramFilesDir%
    C:\Program Files (x86)
    C:\swsetup
    C:\Windows
    Now, I cannot start Local Security Policies from the control panel, same with the terminal. I have to browse to the file in the windows directory and launch it from there.

How do I fix that?

2. Greg S

Greg S Registered Member

Just guessing, you have it too strict which I think is a good thing. Mine is setup that way. When it's too strict, the shortcut.lnk's are blocked in the start menu. If that is the case, you have to add rules for the shortcuts in the start menu.

Untitled.png

You could take the time to be more specific with the path but I didn't. Other alternative would be to remove the .lnk extension in SRP.

3. Martijn2

Martijn2 Registered Member

I would follow this advice ;)

4. wearetheborg

wearetheborg Registered Member

Thanks.
    How do I remove .lnk extension in SRP? In win XP, there was an option to specify filename extensions, but I could not find that in win 7 :blink:

5. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Check Designated File Types.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.