problem with Sandboxie and Mobile Net Switch installation

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by pidbo, Apr 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pidbo

pidbo Registered Member

I have experienced a problem with Sandboxie in it's default position.
    I tried to install Mobile Net Switch with Sandboxie just sitting in it's default position
    aitchttp//XXX.mobilenetswitch.com/
    When I went to install Mobile Net Switch, Sandboxie sandboxes it and doesn't allow the install to complete, causing an error.
    When I turned off Sandboxie from the right click tray icon and went to re-install Mobile Net Switch Sandboxie "reclaimed" it and the same thing happened again.
    Anybody know why this might happen.
    When I completely removed Sandboxie ( complete uninstall ) Mobile Net Switch installed as normal. Mobile Net Switch is a .msi installation.

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Did you remove it from the sandbox before trying to install it? If you are trying to install it sandboxed it probably won't work.

3. pidbo

pidbo Registered Member

I hadn't asked it to be sandboxed, Sandboxie just took it.
    when this first happened I emptied the default Sandbox just in case before retry but Sandboxie just took it again on starting the installation, I then closed Sandboxie from the tray icon, and the tray icon went but it just re-appeared when I went to reinstall the program

4. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I've never seen that. I'd suggest posting in the Sandboxie forum. There they might figure out whats going on. Forum is here.

Pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.