Problem with registry

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by erikguy, Sep 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. erikguy

erikguy Registered Member

Hey guys! I need help here. A while back I downloaded a program called the scanner integrator or something like that but one day after running Spybot it found the Teknum updater that came with the program. Of course I got rid of the program as best I could but a problem remains. It seems there's one little reference left on my computer, a persistent registry key located at: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\teknum systems. No matter how many times I delete it, it comes back. I think I heard that rebooting flushes recently edited keys so I tried that, I tried compacting the registry so it'll write over that space on the hard disk. I tried deleting with a few registry cleaners including Registry First Aid. I can't think of anything else to do. It's become a problem because it seems to want to set a run key everytime I do like anything. I mean like, if I bring up the right-click Windows Explorer context menu it tries to set its stupid start-up key like 15 times. I haven't had Prevx long but it's already accumulated 1777 "intrusion attempts" because of this crapware or whatever you want to call it. Any suggestions will be persued, thanks.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2004
  2. nick s

nick s Registered Member

3. erikguy

erikguy Registered Member

Hey thanks a lot Nick! It seems that the DLL file that cleaner cleared out, not only fixed that registry key problem but a bunch of others as well. Thanks again for your help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.