Problem with Punkbuster and LNS application filtering

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by Legg, Nov 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Legg

Legg Registered Member

I am running Vista 64bit. When ever I start COD 4 or COD 5 I have to authorize Punkbuster A and Punkbuster B again because the application signature has changed. To do this I have to minimize the games twice, first a few seconds after the program is started and second after a few minutes of play. This is just a little inconvenience with COD4, but most of the time COD 5 will not resume after being minimized. Is there a rule or other setting that will fix this. When I was using XP 32bit I solved this with the dll filtering in advanced options. But I don't have that option now.

2. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

I'm not sure to understand if there is a problem in the signature detection, or if there is something special in COD 4 (and COD5).

Do you mean COD 4 (and COD 5) is using first an application "Punkbuster A" which connects to internet, then this application is stopped, and another one "Punkbuster B" (different from "Punkbuster A" but having exactly the same pathname) is started and connects also to internet ?
    Or do you mean Look 'n' Stop is detecting a signature change with "Punkbuster B" and it should not ?

Thanks,

Frederic

3. Legg

Legg Registered Member

Punkbuster is a anti cheat program that some of the game programmers use. If you are playing online punkbuster monitors the players for any hacks or other type of cheating. About 10 months ago they made a change to punkbuster that caused the application signature to change each time it is started and that is the problem. LooknStop is detecting the change as it should. I want to know if there is a way to get LnS to ignore Punkbusters signature change?
    Because the alert happens twice each time I assumed it was for PB-a and PB-b. But it is PB-b that bring up causes both alerts.

thanks
    Frank

4. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Hi,

I'm sorry, there is no way to ignore/disable that, otherwise it could be a vulnerability.

Regards,

Frederic

5. Legg

Legg Registered Member

Fredric

I kinda thought that would be your answer. I was hoping there might be a fix.
    I will still be using LnS and waiting for Activision to get the bugs out of COD 5.

6. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

If the two Punkbusters applications are digitally signed ... what about WinTrustVerify API in Windows to verify digital signatures on the Punkbuster files ... special optional support for the Punkbuster users.

Regards,
    Phant0m``

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.