Problem with OpenOffice 3

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by aigle, Jan 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aigle

aigle Registered Member

When I apply any template to my presentation and try to save it as MS Power Point Presentation( ppt), it will not save. It saves OK if I just save it plain without any template. There was no such issues with OpenOffice 2. Because of this, I am forced to still use version 2.4.

Any help about this? I have attached a picture to elaborate. Pic is actually taken with OOffice 2.6 but it explains exactly my problem that I face in version 3.

Thanks for any help.

Attached Files:

• OO.jpg
      OO.jpg
      File size:
      66.5 KB
      Views:
  2. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

That is indeed the case. I wonder why that is? I am using Go-oo and I still have that issue. Have you tried Ability Office.

3. Firebytes

Firebytes Registered Member

aigle,

You might want to read through this short thread at the OpenOffice.org Community Forum.

4. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

Can anyone confirm whether or not Star Office 9 has this problem or not?

5. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Hmmm... I tried GO-oo that has same issue. I am tired of using this n that and really just want to buy a copy of MS Office.

6. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Hmmm. so there is a work around. Thanks
    I think I will wait until they fix it.

7. ambient_88

ambient_88 Registered Member

If you really need to save in MS Office formats, then MS Office is your best bet. If you are a student, you can get it for a heavily-discounted price (assuming your country is included in the promotion). You probably know it already, but just in case here's the URL:

http://www.theultimatesteal.com

If you are not eligible, then you just have to bite the bullet and buy the standard version.

EDIT: Nevermind the promo... it is only available to US students. Sorry.

8. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Actually I would have bought it but I use it not so often so not willing to pay. Besides I also want to see how user friendly is the free OOffice that I recommend to people. Seems it is not so .

BTW what about OEM version of MS Office? Can u switch it between different PCs or it must remain on same PC like OEM windows?

Thanks

9. ambient_88

ambient_88 Registered Member

Well, if you are willing to spend $349 (~$290 with discount), you can get a TechNet subscription that will give you access to time-unlimited trials of Microsoft's software (full version of every Microsoft app). The standard version of Office 2007 is about $321, so the TechNet subscription is a good deal. You may not need some of the applications, but it is a good way to get Microsoft Office. If Microsoft decides to release Windows 7 within a year after you purchased your subscription, you can also get it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.