Problem with Norton

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Yves-Pascal, Dec 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yves-Pascal

Yves-Pascal Registered Member

Hello !

I've a problem with Norton Antivirus.. My computer is disconnected with an indication "MsiInstaller".
    The error message is :

Échec de détection du produit '{43DCF766-6838-4F9A-8C91-D92DA586DFA7}', fonctionnalité 'DefaultFeature', composant '{9F47ECA8-A740-EC80-1AE2-C48048D83AA4}. La ressource 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Journal Viewer\' n'existe pas

Pour plus d'informations, consultez le centre Aide et support à l'adresse http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Who can help me please ?

Thank you and excuses me for my bad language :(

2. nod32_9

nod32_9 Guest

Which version of NAV? Can you remove and reload NAV? Reboot PC. Also go to the Add/Remove screen and delete LiveUpdate, LiveReg.

Were you recently infected with a virus/bug?

Did you modify any items in Services?

3. Yves-P

Yves-P Guest

Thank you for your help
    It seems i have no more virus on my computer.
    Do you think i can delete Liveupdate and live reg ? How my computer is going to do without liveUpdate ?
    My version is NAV 2004.
    Yes I can remove and reload NAV.

See you soon

4. nod32_9

nod32_9 Guest

LiveUpdate and LiveReg are part of NAV. NAV will not work without LiveUpdate and LiveReg.

Did you make any recent changes to windows? It doesn't look like the problem is caused by NAV. Journal Viewer does not come with windows. You need to remove and/or reload Journal Viewer to the same location in your hard drive.

5. Ianb

Ianb Registered Member

Certainly not NAV, as nod32_9 pointed out, and not a virus. Re install Microsoft Journal or just remove the posted reg entry.

If you're not happy tampering with the registry try using EASY CLEANER http://personal.inet.fi/business/toniarts/ecleane.htm and run the reg cleaner.

6. Yves-Pascal

Re: Problem with Computer

Hello

Thank you for your indications.
    I thought it was NAV following the Microsoft's indications :mad: !!!!
    I've tried EasyCleaner (reg) but....the problem is still the same ! Sometimes my XP session stop and i have a blue screen...the indication is : IRL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    At that time i'm obliged reload my computer...
    It seems that the problem more important than i think ! :'(

Thank you

Yves-PAscal

7. nod32_9

nod32_9 Guest

It's usually related to a drivers conflict. Could be specific problem with some games or NAV. Remove NAV at retest the system. Or perhaps you need to download MEMCHECK to test your RAMs.

Think back. Did you recently added new hardware/software? Go into Event Viewer and see if windows will log diagnostic codes to assist with the troubleshooting. This is not an easy problem to isolate over the internet.

8. no13

no13 Retired Major Resident Nutcase

The error you mention... does it have conistent behaviour? whenever it happens, see for repeating events before it.
    Eg. you change something in firewall and a blue screen happens, or you start playing a computer game and it happens. Also, please mention version numbers of programs and hardware you feel may be at fault (especially indows, NAV, video card no.s)
    Information such as this will help the people who can help you further.
    for microsoft journal, it looks to be a critical component, and you may need to install it again, even if you have not removed it.

9. Yves-Pascal

Hello

Thank you for your answers.
    It seems that my problem is due to the drivers of the graphic car.
    I have load the last version of drivers.
    I will let you know.

Yves-Pascal

10. Yves P

Yves P Guest

I had again the problem with blue screen.
    Information noticed :

stop: 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0xBF80619D, 0xF50517BO, 0x00000000)
    win32K.sys - address 13F80619D base at 13F800000, datestamp 41107F7a

Thank you for your solution !

11. nod32_9

nod32_9 Guest

What are those programs running in the background (MSCONFIG/STARTUP tab)?

12. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

I would also look in msconfig services for anything not microsoft as a potential problem too... click the "Hide all microsoft services" - but as someone already pointed out, drivers are the usual suspect... on this machine, I was plagued for weeks with random blue screens - sometimes within a few hours, sometimes days between them... it was video drivers in the end!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.