Problem With NOD32 + SSL and Firefox 3.6.13

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by SuperFlyBoy, Feb 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SuperFlyBoy

SuperFlyBoy Registered Member

I've got both an XP SP3 laptop and a Win7 64-bit laptop using FF 3.6.13 and find that there are problems loading websites when SSL is chosen to be checked by NOD32.

If I turn off the SSL checking, then the problems vanish, and sites load normally.

I have my Outlook pulling POP3 mail from the servers over SSL, so I would like to keep SSL checking enabled.

Any feedback on this?

Thanks.

Edited to Add: EAV BE 4.2.71.2 for both units.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2011
  2. SuperFlyBoy

Another problem I am experiencing (on the XP SP3 laptop) is when the "Approve SSL Certificate" option is selected, the window for this approval/deny stops responding altogether!

I have to shut down everything and the restart the computer to ensure that I am still protected by AV (NOD32) as the AV module is obviously not responding here, and other parts of the AV might not be working!

Last edited: Feb 21, 2011
  3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

No problems here with Firefox and SSL scanning. I'd suggest uninstalling FF and installing it from scratch, without any additional add-ons for now. Then do the following:
    - with FF closed, disable SSL scanning and click OK
    - enable SSL scanning
    - start FF

Should the problem persist, check the CA list to make sure that the ESET root certificate is listed there.

4. SuperFlyBoy

Thanks for the feedback - will try this.

I was wondering if anyone has heard a periodic "groan" or "croak" from Firefox?

I always have multiple tabs open, so I cannot isolate this condition, in order to identify if this is due to a particular site/other problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.