Problem With NOD32 + SSL and Firefox 3.6.13

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by SuperFlyBoy, Feb 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SuperFlyBoy

SuperFlyBoy Registered Member

I've got both an XP SP3 laptop and a Win7 64-bit laptop using FF 3.6.13 and find that there are problems loading websites when SSL is chosen to be checked by NOD32.

If I turn off the SSL checking, then the problems vanish, and sites load normally.

I have my Outlook pulling POP3 mail from the servers over SSL, so I would like to keep SSL checking enabled.

Any feedback on this?

Thanks.

Edited to Add: EAV BE 4.2.71.2 for both units.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2011
  2. SuperFlyBoy

Another problem I am experiencing (on the XP SP3 laptop) is when the "Approve SSL Certificate" option is selected, the window for this approval/deny stops responding altogether!

I have to shut down everything and the restart the computer to ensure that I am still protected by AV (NOD32) as the AV module is obviously not responding here, and other parts of the AV might not be working!

Last edited: Feb 21, 2011
  3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

No problems here with Firefox and SSL scanning. I'd suggest uninstalling FF and installing it from scratch, without any additional add-ons for now. Then do the following:
    - with FF closed, disable SSL scanning and click OK
    - enable SSL scanning
    - start FF

Should the problem persist, check the CA list to make sure that the ESET root certificate is listed there.

4. SuperFlyBoy

Thanks for the feedback - will try this.

I was wondering if anyone has heard a periodic "groan" or "croak" from Firefox?

I always have multiple tabs open, so I cannot isolate this condition, in order to identify if this is due to a particular site/other problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.