Problem with NOD32 + DFS + Offline Folders

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by MarkHarre, Dec 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarkHarre

MarkHarre Registered Member

Hi,

It seems if Offline Folders are enabled for DFS shares then the client computer continually disconnects the DFS share. I have tested this on all versions of Windows (xp to 7) and all versions of NOD32 (v2.7 to v4.2). Our DFS server is Win 2003 R2 with NOD32 v2.7 installed.

There is a very long thread here https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=235222 describing the problem, however it was never resolved.

Has anyone got this to work?

regards,
    Mark

2. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

On our client side we exclude the entire directory structure under c:\windows\csc and it doesn't give us problems. It's part of the MS recommended AV exclusions which we configure with all our installs.

3. MarkHarre

MarkHarre Registered Member

tried that but same problem.
    Do you have a link to the recommended exclusions on the client and server side?

thx
    Mark

4. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

This document outlines the standard client-side exclusions along with basic AD roles like DNS, WINS, and DFS that should be excluded server-side: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822158

The CSC directory one isn't actually in that list. I think I threw it in a few years back because on demand scans were hanging up on it for a few users now that I think about it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.