problem with nod32 and windows photo gallery

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by guest, May 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guest

guest Guest

hi, i am using the latest version of NOD32 with windows vista ultimate 32-bit.

everytime i open up Windows Photo Gallery (a program within windows vista ultimate).

I get this screen captured error.

Now i know this is a false positive because i scanned the image folder and there were no viruses and more importanly i simple am 100% sure this is a false positive.

what can i do?

Attached Files:

2. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

3. guest

guest Guest

i tried to email eset about it but they are not helping much, just basically told me to submit the file.

4. fredra

fredra Registered Member

Hi
    This is really strange.
    I used Photo Gallery, changed a picture with the adjustments (not red eye), and returned to PG, and NOD 2.7.39 said nothing... nada.
    No pop up, no warnings.
    I am not sure that the version of the OS makes any difference.
    OS-Vista Home Premium 32 bit
    Nod - 2.7.39
    I am NOT implying that you (or the other OP) did not have the popup, but could there be something else causing this anommaly?
    Could any others with Vista try to change a picture and see if this happens?
    Just my .00000002 cents... still think that is a strange behaviour.
    Cheers :)

5. guest

guest Guest

yes i agree it is still strange behaviour. in fact i think something wrong happened when i was manipulating a picture or something and now everytime i open windows photo gallery it shows that virus msg.
    i know it's false for sure but i really do hope that eset look into it, and at least attempt to fix. so far i'm running the latest virus definations and still get the same problem.

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Did you send that file from quarantine to Eset? I'm not aware that we have received such file.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.