Problem with Mozilla Thunderbird.

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by MajorPleasure, Mar 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MajorPleasure

MajorPleasure Registered Member

I have a problem that's been eating away at my brain for the past few days, I'm not sure if it's due to my own stupidity or Mozilla Thunderbird, but here's the problem. I've been trying out Keepass for a few days now, and to my surprise I actually like it. I came to the conclusion that I'd probably be adding this software to my set-up, so I decided to change the password of 3 accounts (2 hotmails and 1 forum). After changing the passwords I logged into the accounts to see if everything was working, and it was.

Now my problem is with Mozilla Thunderbird, every time I try to add the accounts with the new passwords it keeps giving me an "Incorrect password" error, and I know the passwords are correct. All of my old accounts work fine, it's just the accounts with the new passwords that seem to be giving me hassle.

Things I've tried:

1. Re-Installed Mozilla Thunderbird:
    • Old accounts work, accounts with a new password still giving the same error.

Deleted the passwords (Tools > Options > Security > Saved passwords):
    • Exactly the same result as above.

So does anyone have any solutions? I'd really like to fix this issue.

Screenshot:

http://img405.imageshack.us/f/mtprob.jpg/

2. Cimmerian

Cimmerian Registered Member

Look at the server settings for your accounts, and make sure the "use secure authentication" box is unchecked. Your port numbers and servers look correct otherwise.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.