Problem with mount image operation

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by kafoozalem, Dec 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kafoozalem

kafoozalem Registered Member

The Mount Image Wizard will happily mount Mybackup.tib from my external hard drive E: but only in read only mode. When I attempt to mount in red/write mode I get the following error message "Cannot assign a drive letter to a partition from the backup archive". Any thoughts?

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

V9 all builds do that on my system as well, but I know some people here have it working.

But in practice it is actually more risky to add a file to an image than just make a new one.

In read only mode you can still drag a file or folder from the image onto your hard drive.

Colin

3. kafoozalem

kafoozalem Registered Member

Thanks Colin. I made a new image copy and the same thing happened. I guess there's a little comfort knowing it isn't just me.

4. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

There isn't increased risk. The original backup archives are not modified in any way - the changes are captured in an incremental backup which then modifies the restored data on HD.

To kafoozalem can you mount one as R/W if the archive is on an internal HD? I do it this way but have never tried on a USB drive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.