Problem with MaxBlast 5

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by photogman, Aug 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. photogman

photogman Registered Member

I just purchased a HP Media Vault which is essentially a network drive which plugs into the router through an ethernet cable. I have been using Maxtor MaxBlast 4 previously to backup my internal drives to my USB external drives attached to my computer. Anyway, I started MaxBlast 5 to do a copy drive to drive backup. It would allow me to copy all the contents from C to the Media Vault, but it would not allow me to copy the D drive which is a RAID1 setup with 2 Maxtor 250 gig drives. Basically, the button I needed to click on was greyed out.

Does anybody know if this is not doable or is it a bug in MaxBlast 5? Thanks for your help. I really loved that program because it was a quick and dirty program that was reliable (MaxBlast 4). MaxBlast 4 allows me to write to the Media Vault, but after it's done I've went into the Media Vault and the size of all the files are 0. It wrote the name of the file, but nothing else.

Ok, short of either of those versions of MaxBlast working for me, does anybody have a good backup solution. I have Retrospect Backup, but I want the best solution as my small business relies on its integrity of data like anybody else and cannot afford a catastrophic failure or inability to restore. Thanks for your patience and kind attention! I'm a firsttime visitor to this forum.

If you think Acronis offers a good robust backup solution, I'm all ears!

2. WaltMat

WaltMat Registered Member

"the button I needed to click on was greyed out".

That is typical of some free programs with limited options, such as MaxBlast. In almost all cases upgrading to a "full" paid version is the solution. With Maxblast you have an option within the program to upgrade to Acronis True Image 10 at a substantial discount.

Acronis True Image 10 - "Copy your entire PC"
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/

Since I have no RAID setups I can't specifically address that issue. If no one else addresses that issue you may want to consider first downloading the Trial Version of TI 10 to confirm that it would suit your needs and if it does then use the MaxBlast option to upgrade using the discounted rate.
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/download/

3. tradetime

tradetime Registered Member

I notice this has a folder called BartPE when installed, but it contains nothing that the PE builder recognises as a plugin ie CAB file. There's no mention of how to include it in a bartpe cd, it's just there o_O Anybody any ideas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.