Problem with Look'n'Stop

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by farmerlee, Sep 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

I've just been trying out look'n'stop 2.05p2 on my new laptop which is a dell inspiron 6400, intel core duo t2400, 1gig ddr2 ram, xp home with sp2. I'm using look'n'stop combined with nod32 and pestpatrol 8. The problem is when i turn on 'watch thread injection' i end up with the lovely BSOD.
    It either displays

stop : d0000144 unkown hard error

or more often it displays

stop : c0000145 (application error) application failed to initialise properly (0 x c0000142) click ok to terminate application

Any help would be appreciated, are there any known issues with this option?

2. Climenole

Climenole Look 'n' Stop Expert

Hi farmerlee :)

Are you sure that ZA was completly removed from your PC before the LNS installation?

To be sure of this use the "Zapclean" script from Optimix [web site of JacK, a MS MVP]:

look for zapclean, download and run it...
    http://babin.nelly.free.fr/kerio.htm

Hope this help.
    Let us know.

:)

3. farmerlee

I have clean installation of windows 2003 installed on a partition in this same laptop so i installed LnS to see how it goes. I still get the BSOD, however it is a different error now. I'm very keen to purchase a license to continue using this product however i'm am hesitating due to this error. Is the 'watch thread injection' option important to have activated for good security?

4. StriderSkorpion

StriderSkorpion Registered Member

It's not necessary, but can give added protection against leaktests and malware that use the same procedure. It should be possible to get "Watch Thread Injection" running if you have NX/XD disabled in the bios. You may also need to add LnS to DEP's exception list. I'm not sure what the trade offs would be, though, as I don't believe I've ever seen it in action other than stopping LnS from using that feature.

5. farmerlee

Its strange but ive actually got the option enabled now in windows 2003 and so far no BSOD yet. Its the only non default advanced option i have turned on so i am a bit wary of turning on any more in case it crashes again lol. I'm still at a loss as to why its working now but didn't before, i haven't changed anything, it must be one of those 'windows' things.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.