Problem with latest Java 13 update?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Birdman, Apr 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Birdman

Birdman Registered Member

I just installed the latest Java update 13 and when I go to Java's site, it tells me that I don't have the latest version (image 1). However when I go to the Java "test" page, it tells me that I have the most up-to-date version (image 2).

I have uninstalled (and removed files + folders) and reinstalled and getting the same thing each time.

Is this just a bug on their site or is it an issue on my end?

Using XP Pro (sp3) and IE8 + Chrome browser.

Attached Files:

2. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Birdman, I assume that both browsers are experiencing the same result. Have you checked to see if you still have older Java versions installed in your PC that could create conflicts? You can check either via Add/Remove Programs or use JavaRa to remove them.

3. prius04

prius04 Registered Member

I have a machine with IE8 + Chrome installed. However, I get the same result as did Birdman, but only with Chrome; first screen with IE8 shows that the latest version is installed.

According to Sun, Chrome isn't supported for Java 6. It does appear to work properly but (I'm guessing) that's the source of the first message we're seeing when using Chrome. As JR implied, though, if the same result is obtained with IE8, it's probably a different issue.

4. RedDawn

RedDawn Registered Member

Same result here, Birdman, using IE7 and Firefox.

5. Firebytes

Firebytes Registered Member

Using Firefox and XP SP2 here and both sites tell me I am using the recommended/latest version (Java 6 Update 13).

6. Birdman

Birdman Registered Member

Uninstalled, deleted Java + Sun folders, ran registry cleaners and ran JavaRa and finally reinstalled.....SAME MESSAGE. o_O

7. prius04

prius04 Registered Member

8. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Birdman, if the same message is appearing on BOTH IE8 & Chrome, try reverting back to Java Runtime Environment 1.6.0.12 and see if it disappears. Make sure Java 13 is completely gone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.