problem with installer?

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by WSFuser, Aug 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

If I do a custom install and only select the Rescue Media Builder, Disk Director installation will fail.

The installers for True Image and Drive Cleanser do not exhibit this bug.

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

I only want to install the rescue media builder but the Disk Director installer wont let do that. Any idea?

3. cortez

cortez Registered Member

I tried to install ONLY the Bootable media Builder and Acronis installed all of DD10 -- ironically the only section that did not work was the Bootable media Builder! ( in neither location).

So yours is not an isolated problem with the Custom installation.

A seemingly easy solution would be to make the rescue discs and then uninstall DD10 (unless of course, as in my case I had to uninstall manually!).

Windows went ahead and removed DD10 from the Add/Remove control panel window but the shortcut and the entire program was still operational ( I was attempting to upgrade to v. 2160 but it was all error reports, a request for help from Acronis was very fast, an hour or so, by cookie cutter e-mail telling me to uninstall the old DD10 first, I finally chose to re-image the partition w/o DD10 as I wanted to have no problems).

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 26, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.