problem with IE and MSN Mail

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by blackjack72, Apr 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blackjack72

blackjack72 Registered Member

After installing v.3.0 I cannot close any explorer window (IE or windows explorer) without using the task manager and ending the task. I also cannot access MSN mail within MSN. I've had earlier versions for a yesr os so with no previous problems. Any help here??

blackjack72

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

Did you install or configure anything else during that time period? (Or recently?)

SpywareBlaster shouldn't be able to cause such problems.

Just to verify, you can press the "Disable All Protection" link in the program, and see if the problems disappear.

Best regards,

-Javacool

3. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Yes, and I think that I solved the riddle if not the problem. I restored my system to an earlier point and all is well. I realized that, at about the same time that I upgraded to v3.0, I downloaded the google toolbar. It appears that you have some other issues with google (I may be mistaken), and would be interested to know if you think that the google toolbar is as much of a threat bonzi,etc.

4. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

I had problems accessing MSN Hotmail for a few days, I wasn't sure if it was a security setting or not. After a few days of trying I eventually got there via MSN UK but did have several warnings about 'Busy Server' so this may be what has been happening to you regarding your mail problem.

5. blackjack72

Thanks Robyn,
    I think that my problem had to do with the fact that I had recently installed the Google Toolbar. Any chance that you were using it as well?

6. blackjack72

[/QUOTE]

I was interested to see two other posts. One by a person using MSN and another from someone using Tweak XP. Since I use both of these in addition to having installed the Google Toolbar, maybe my problem was not only the Google toolbar after all. I will be waiting for your analysis of all this.
    Just to verify, you can press the "Disable All Protection" link in the program, and see if the problems disappear.

7. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

Hi blackjack, I do have the Google toolbar installed but do not use the actual MSN one. If you are using the MSN toolbar and Goolge then there is a conflict running both of them. I have read that both toolbars do not work together so maybe this is the answer to your problem.

8. blackjack72

Thanks Robyn,
    I don't have the MSN toolbar installed. Last week I was able to restore my registry and all well. I'm going to try the Google toolbar again AFTER installing SB 3.1 and SG 2.2. I'll let you know how it works. Have you rectified your MSN problem?

9. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

Yes thanks, I had no problem logging on the next time to look at the e-mail from HM staff! I do not receive any other mail as the account was only created out of necessity :rolleyes: I had to re-install Google myself as it was not saving my safe search preferences so the re-install fixed this and perhaps the MSN issue.

I have SB and SG all new versions all living happily together now :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.