Problem with Giant antispyware

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by gunner1, Oct 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gunner1

gunner1 Guest

Hi

I just installed Giant antispyware and whenever i run the program i get a popup message saying:

Giant antispyware alert,

lbl monitor header,

What would you like to do?

Cmdleft or Cmdright.

When i click them (either one) nothing happens, and the popup notice just stays on my screen. I have to restart my computer to remove it. Any ideas what this is all about? Anyone else having or had this problem after installing Giant AS for the first time? Thanks for any replies.

2. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

watch out is not a false positive, what is adaware and spybot saying?? giant anti spyware is new and has a new database and it is known that it gives sometimes fp's. let adaware and spybot run to see what they say.

bye

3. gunner1

gunner1 Guest

Thanks INFINITY, I deleted the program for now. I think i'll wait till it's been out a little longer and they get the bugs out of it.

4. matt_d_walker

matt_d_walker Registered Member

FP are not he end of the world. I do not understand why these would be unexpected. I get plenty of "FPs" with spybot, adaware, Pest Patrol, and Spyware Sweeper. So far, "FPs" just seem to be a by product of "scans" in general.

5. ?me

?me Guest

yes they are all seemingly having times of occassional false positives. I think the only scanner that doesnt appear to for my system currently is adaware (lavasoft)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.