Problem with Execution Protection

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Guzz, Aug 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guzz

Guzz Registered Member

Hi,

I have PG Full Version with the Execution Protection enabled. I downloaded Reg Test from GhostSecurity - yes I know PG doesnt protect registry - but I imagined: well, RegTest will be able to modify my registry and then set an executable file to run at start up. As my Execution Protection is enabled in PG, it should block the simulated "worm" drop by RegTest in the auto-start. But it didnt. RegTest.exe was able to start in the start up. So I guess this file was executed by windows before PG. How can I set PG to not be defeated by this ?

2. dog

dog Guest

If you look at PGs security tab you should see that startup/exe listed as allowed once unable to ask user ... you could choose to block it from there (by right-clicking the entry), or another solution would be to enable block new and changing applications, If you choose to enable this option you will need to un-enable it when you wish to install anything new or use an app you don't have whitelisted or for programs that change like the TDS mutex did. To me this is a much safer approach IMO. As a side note, I also lock PG so it can't be tampered with. :ninja:

HTH;

Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.