Problem with event triggered scheduled task

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by AnnoreM, Oct 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnnoreM

AnnoreM Registered Member

Hi

I upgraded from TI v10 because of the feature of so called "Smart scheduling". Acronis promised me I could "Run backups automatically at preset or elapsed time, when the user is idle, on user login/logout, on system startup/shutdown, and on other events."

Now I am looking desperately for this functionality. I only found the option to start the task at system startup, at logon or when the free disk space changed.

I'd like to start the backup at shutdown but this option is not available.

Regards

2. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

I use V9 and I run a scheduled task that runs when I shutdown my computer. The functions are there. In V9 at the bottom of the main window is section for creating tasks. V10 should be similar. Have you looked at the User Guide http://download.acronis.com/pdf/TrueImage10.0_ug.en.pdf. See Chapter 8.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

AnnoreM, most probably you use Windows Vista. Acronis True Image 11 Home currently doesn't support tasks scheduling on the System shutdown in Vista because of some new peculiarities of the new OS. Tasks scheduling at shutdown is still possible in other versions of Windows with Acronis True Image 11 Home. However we would like to inform you that our Development Team is working to improve Acronis Software and most probably the future versions of the product will support such a feature.

We are always at your service should you have any further questions.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
    Alexey Bogomolov

4. AnnoreM

Hello Alexey,

thank you for the information.
    Yes, I am using Windows Vista and I thought your product would fully support this OS.

Can I expect that Acronis will provide a free update in the near future for that?
    If not, I want my money back because I bought this software assuming that Acronis comply to their advertising promises.

An early reply will oblige

Andreas

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

To AnnoreM - our Development Team is working on this issue and this fix will be included in the future builds (build is minor upgrade of the program and you can download it for free from our Updates page) of Acronis True Image 11 Home.

Thank you.

--
    Michael Levchenko

6. AnnoreM

Thanks! I'm looking forward for this new version.

Regards
    Andreas

7. AnnoreM

OK, I just upgraded to Build 8064 and here are my impressions

- it still takes about 2 minutes until TI starts
    - scheduled task option is still not fully implemented in Windows Vista -poor, very poor :mad:

Regards
    Andreas

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.