Problem with different PCs with XP Pro

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 v3 Beta Forum' started by forecoms, Apr 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. forecoms

forecoms Registered Member

I have tried the NOD32 2.5 Beta on a couple of different clients PCs to see if there were any problems.

I had a problem with two PCs. Both PCs had Pentium 4 and plenty of RAM etc and running XP Pro SP2.
    1. The first PC had great difficulty starting up but after about 5 minutes it got there and was OK after that first restart.
    2. The second PC would not restart at all so I uninstalled NOD in safe mode and put ver2 on without any further problems. This system was a new install of XP pro.

These are the only two problems I have had out of a number of test installs. I have been very selective of what PCs I have installed the program so that I could guage how it performs.

Other than the two problems above I have been very satisfied.

The new version picked up a virus in the Zipped attachment in two emails I received which was very impressive. Not even Mail Defense picked them up.

Kind regards
    Alan

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi Alan, welcome to Wilders.

Can you try a repair on these, found in: Nod32 Control Centre> IMON> Setup> Miscellaneous (tab)> Repair This will repair the LSP chain (Winsock).

Hope this helps...

Let us know how you go.

Cheers :D

3. forecoms

forecoms Registered Member

Thanks for that info. I will try through the week and see what happens.

Regards
    Alan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.