Problem with creating boot disk with TI 10

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by sarutaro, May 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sarutaro

sarutaro Registered Member

I have been using ATI v. 8 and 9 in the past. I was so impressed with it that I got v.10 (home ediition) yesterday. I found a minor incovenienece during creating a boot/rescue disk. Under Bootable Media Selection, it did not show CD-RW drive (E). It only showed "Iso Image" and "Removable Drive (A)". So I was forced to select "Iso Image" and later burnt to a CD disk.
    My DVD drive is Pioneer DVR 111D and runs super but ATI v10 did not recognize the DVD drive. Is there anyway to tweak ATI? It would be more convenient if I could burn directly to a CD disk as done with ATI v. 8 and 9.
    Any suggestion? Sarutaro

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

There was another user here who also had problems with a Pioneer burner. Don't know if his problem was the same as yours, but do a search of the forum to see his solution, if any.

3. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

If you have not done so already boot from the new rescue disk to make sure that all is working as it should.

Xpilot

4. sarutaro

I saved Iso image on D-drive and burnt to CD disk as descrbed earlier.
    When booted with the rescue disk, it worked.
    But my point is that I ccould save my time and effort if I could directly burn to CD by avoiding the long detour. As mentioned earlier, v8 and v9 recognized the Pioneer DVD drive though. Sarutaro

5. sarutaro

Thank you for your suggstion. While searching for a related thread, I found a thread entitled "TI 9.0, DD10 and Daemon tools 4.0.9.1" posted by Knightbeat40. He dsecribed that

"After installing daemon tools the only options left are creating an ISO image or to my floppy drive.".

That is what I see because my computer is also installed with daemon tools. The Dameon tool could be the culprit. Sarutaro

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello sarutaro,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please have a look at this thread. As reported there SPTD driver version 1.43 can cause this issue.

If it is not the case, please provide us with some additional information so we could investigate the issue.

First of all, please make sure you use the latest build (4942) of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

If you already using the latest build and the issue still persists, please create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post. In addition, please let us know the exact vendor and model of the CD\DVD drive you use.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

7. biddy79uk

biddy79uk Registered Member

8. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Not sure I follow you here.... if you've just made the backup on to a dvd, then it is saved on the dvd.

9. biddy79uk

no DwnNdrty what i meant was i have used the backup wizard to make my back up,done that sucsessfully and stored the back up of my FULL C:\Drive
    onto my D:\Drive,
    now what i have done is tried to make a bootable rescue disk as shown in the post above,which i sucsessfully done this aswell but i dont know what to do with the actual back up file becos i dont have an EXTERNAL hard drive.....

10. biddy79uk

as you can see mine is a pioneer R-W and its reconised mine:
    http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w136/biddy79uk/bootselect.png

MY PROBLEM IS I DONT HAVE AN EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE AND CANT OR DONT
    KNOW HOW TO PUT MY BACK UP FILE ONTO A DvD:

11. mfabien

mfabien Registered Member

I would consider creating a BartPE CD with ATI plugin. It will recognize all devices you have under Windows because it has Windows as an O/S. And that includes your Pioneer DVD drive.

12. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello biddy79uk,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please notice that you can choose to create a backup directly on the DVD media (by pointing to it when prompted for a backup location by Create Backup wizard). Or, you can create a backup on your hard drive, and then write it to DVD media using third-party DVD writing software. If the backup file is too big to fit one dvd, please set Backup Splitting option during the backup creation to split backup into parts that would fit DVDs.

You can find the detailed instructions on how to use Acronis True Image 10.0 Home in the respective User's Guide.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.