Problem with cloning 2 identical SATA drives

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by BjornV, Jan 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BjornV

BjornV Registered Member

Hi,

I have tried several times to clone my 2 SATAII 250GB drives, the process goes well (but to fast to actually have copied the drives...) and I get the message "Congratulations, your cloning have been sucessfull" or something like that...

But the problem is that there is nothing on the second drive that are suposed to be clonedo_O

Anyone know what the problem is and/or have a solution?

2. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

Are you initiating the Clone process from within Windows or using the Boot CD? Whichever one you used, try the other.

3. BjornV

BjornV Registered Member

I have tried from in windows, will try from boot CD later!

Thanks for the tip!

4. BjornV

BjornV Registered Member

After 6-7 atempts/reboots from boot CD, I finally got my drives cloned and now runnes on the new/cloned drive and have the old as a complete backup!:D

5. Chutsman

So was the cloning from the boot CD that was successful and if so what was the reason for the 6 or 7 attempts? Were there errors of some kind?

6. BjornV

BjornV Registered Member

I tried a few times in the Acronis "full" mode, but had to try in the "safe" mode from the boot CD. It seemed to just stop working/freeze... When it finaly worked it tok nearly 2 hours without anything showing on the progress indicator... So it was realy a patient test...

7. Chutsman

Yes, lack of indication on the progress indicator has been a problem since ver 2302, I think. The Cloning process is really not the best in this software. I feel that Acronis should separate the two - Cloning and Imaging - into two separate programs. That way when something is fixed in one it is less likely that another feature will be broken in the other. Imaging shows the progress indicators.

Ver 8 build 937 showed the progress indicator in the Cloning feature.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.