Problem with Bootable DVD Backups

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Rahav, Aug 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rahav

Rahav Registered Member

I have problem when I am prepare Bootable Backup disk of the Hard-Drive on a DVD-R media, The problem is that after the software of true image loading from the DVD disk she is can’t see the file image (file_name.tib) on the DVD-R media and I get this message “Disk contains no images. Insert disc with image to restore and click OK. Otherwise, click Cancel”, and this problem is not occur when I am prepare the same backup on a regular CD-R media.
    And when I check the DVD-R CD in my computer under Windows XP operation system I do can see this tib file.

I have Acronis True Image Workstation® version 9.1 (build 3,718 )

Last edited: Aug 24, 2006
  2. Rahav

Rahav Registered Member

I now try another thing.
    I born only the tib file in anther DVD-R and when I get this message again I change the DVD I made with Acronis True Image with this one I made with Nero and it contain only the tib file and it work.
    So it mast be a bug in the Acronis program.

3. starsfan09

starsfan09 Registered Member

Many of us believe the problem with Acronis' "Direct Burn" ...is it's burning to the DVD to FAST. The .TIB file Acronis creates and burns to the DVD is actually good in most cases, ....IF you take that same disc, and COPY the .TIB file to another blank DVD using a 3rd party program (Nero, Sonic, Roxio, and etc) set at a Slower burn speed. I'm certain the next update will solve this burn issue.

4. Rahav

Rahav Registered Member

Can I Pls get an answer from Acronis team.

I post this question here and to Acronis mail in the same time (August 24th 2006)

And even though it seems its a bug in the program i get no answer to this problem.

I acquire a few units of true image to my company instead of Ghost mostly because of the Acronis support team.

5. Rahav

Rahav Registered Member

It has been a week now and still I cant get an answer from Acronis support team.

And I send them E-mail Every day.

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Rahav,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Workstation Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

As far as I can see, you have already submitted a request for technical support and our support engineer Ivan Belinsky is already working on your issue. Moreover, as Ivan mentioned in the e-mail he sent you today, this issue has been forwarded to our Quality Assurance Team and will be investigated as soon as possible. Ivan will certainly inform you about the results of the investigation as soon as it will be finished.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

7. Rahav

Rahav Registered Member

Did I'm the only one with this problem?

No one try before to make bootable DVD with the tib image in at in one backup task in true image?

8. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Rahav,

A simlar problem to that which you reported was present in earlier build of TI and should now be fixed. Are you sure you created a NEW bootable rescue CD when you updated to Build 3718?

Using the latest build of TI 9.0 Home, I have successfully created a number of images direct to DVD that also incorporate the Acronis bootable rescue media. However, if the image spans two or more DVDs, you cannot also validate the image as part of the backup task. The image needs to be validated as a separate task via the Backup Archive Validation Wizard. This is a known bug that will be fixed in a future build.

Regards

9. Rahav

Rahav Registered Member

Yes I'm Using the latest build of TI 9.1 Workstation build 3,718
    And it still don't work on DVD but on CD it working properly

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.