Problem with BitDefender 2009

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by MJane, May 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MJane

MJane Registered Member

Re: BitDefender 2009 comments please

I recently bought BitDefender 2009. Have uninstalled and installed it more than a few times since and my issues remain the same.

1. Everyday when I log on a scan starts, even though it is not scheduled. I have gone into the antivirus, right clicked on all the schedules, the autologon scan says never, but it still runs everytime.

2. in the Online Security setting, the first one, which say, "real-time antivirus, antispam & antiphising mail protection is always disabled. I can enable it manually, but as soon as I exit out it disables again. Should I be concerned about this? Not sure if it's important or not.

3. Lots of time the icon in the system tray turns gray and says it's not responding.

4. Since installing BD, I've uninstalled Spybot and AdAware, but the problems have persisted. Should I reinstall them? Or are they not necessary?

Installing this system has been one frustration after another. I have been in contact with their support, but while they initially responded, I've heard nothing from them in over a week now.
    Thanks!

2. gery

gery Registered Member

if you look around here there are quite a lot people complaining about BD

3. icr

icr Registered Member

Last edited: Jun 1, 2009
  4. Rain_Train

Rain_Train Registered Member

I agree with gery. BD 09 seems to work flawlessly for a few, okay for others, and barely at all for many. Anyways, it's been some time since I used BD 09, but in the hope that others can assist you:

• What BitDefender 2009 product are you using (Antivirus, Internet Security, or Total Security)?
    • What is your operating system?
    • You said you've uninstalled Spybot and Ad-Aware. Do you have any other real-time security products running? If not, you might have lingering components of the two products (i.e. they may not have uninstalled completely). Although, this is a wild guess.

And +1 for calling in Niels; he's pretty helpful. Also, BitDefender 2010 should be right around the corner -- beta v2 was released a few days ago, if I remember correctly. Your license for 2009 should still carry over for 2010.

Good luck.

5. stratoc

stratoc Guest

i bought game safe nearly 6 months ago was able to use it for a day, had no reply from support (still havnt) had to get bank to pull payment. only av i ever had problems with, the program is flaky and the support doesnt seem to exist.
    taught me a lesson though, also use trial version:)

6. MJane

MJane Registered Member

Thanks to all who answered, I appreciate your help and input.

icr, thanks for the link, I had read through it before. I only wish I had read it before I purchased BD.

Rain Train to answer your questions:
    1. Internet Security
    2. Windows XP (and I'm not at all good with the tech stuff, but I definitely know room is not an issue)
    3. As for the uninstall, I did follow their guidelines on the forum, even downloading and running the CC cleaner program, as they instruct.

I've since reinstalled Spybot, as in the end, it really had nothing to do with the issues with BD, since they remained after Spybot was removed, and I've always had Spybot and like it.

I've resigned myself to having made a bad purchase with this one. I'll be happy if I could just get the scan schedule working. I'm just going to bite my lip and see how long I can stand to live with it.

Thanks again everyone!

7. xMarkx

xMarkx Registered Member

Hello,

What version of the Microsoft .NET Framework are you using? BitDefender requires it. Try updating to the latest version (.NET Framework 3.5 SP1) at Windows Update, or the Microsoft Download Center.

Does this solve anything?

Regards,

Mark.

8. Sm3K3R

Sm3K3R Registered Member

9. kinwolf

kinwolf Registered Member

If you look around here, you will find alot of people complaining about BD, Norton, McaFee, Avira, Dr Web, F-Secure, etc... :D

10. colt45allstar

colt45allstar Registered Member

Bitdefender is a quality program (one of the better ones in my opinion... or at least was at one time) don't know much about the newer versions... but can't imagine them having fallen back 'that' far.

So hopefully you will be able to come up with the source of the problems and fix them.

I echo what others have said and highly recommend seeing what help you can get via their support forums.

11. icr

icr Registered Member

Their support is not that good and the most common solution for any problem is to reinstall bitdefender according to them:argh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.