Problem with Avira Antivir Free

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by besafe, Oct 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. besafe

besafe Registered Member

I have been trialing Avira for a couple of months now. All in all I like it. It updates just fine, it consumes few resources, I hardly know it's there. However, I opened the program today and on the status screen, it tells me that I haven't run a full system scan for about a month.

However, I have the program set to run a full system scan daily. And every morning when I get to my PC I see that the scan has been done. I in fact leave the report open on my screen until I close it. It assures me every day that the scan has run.

In the reports section, I can see that the scan has been run every day. In the scheduler section it shows that a complete system scan is scheduled daily. But in the status section it is not showing up. Any ideas what the problem could be? Am I doing something wrong? Glitch in the program? Anyone else have this issue?

2. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

I don't run the app, but I think it's a separate on demand scan that doesn't communicate with the rest of the app. I would just ignore it. I have an AS that shows the same thing in big red letters if I don't do a scan after a week. Not the same thing I know, but I ignore that.:)

3. Leo2005

Leo2005 Registered Member

there is a special scanprofile (systemscan) only when runningthis it will change to green.
    but avira will rework this feature, we will see how it looks like next year.

4. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

I'm glad to hear that Avira has decided to rework that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.