problem with 3.2 download

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by stuck, Jul 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stuck

stuck Registered Member

Hi

When I went to update Spyware Blaster I saw that there was a new version 3.2 out. So I clicked on the link and followed the instructions to clear the 3.1 version out of my computer and then downloaded the new 3.2 version. Problem is that whenever I try to open it now the whole screen goes blank and an error message pops up that says

An error has occurred File name BCMDMCCP (01) + 000000175 Error OD:
    0028: C1529EB5

What's up? Now that I've deleted the 3.1 version and can't get the 3.2 version up and running, the pop-ups and junk is already starting to drive me out of my mind.

Thanks.

2. KRH

KRH Registered Member

I have exactly the same problem. I've installed it successfully on 2 computers running Win98, but on a third machine with WinMe, I get the same message. Since "BCMDMCCP" apparently refers to the modem driver, I updated the driver, with no results. I've also downloaded the program again and reinstalled it, also with no results.

3. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

Did either of you run SpywareBlaster 3.0, and have the same or a similar problem?

Thanks,

-Javacool

4. smiliiiiiie

smiliiiiiie Registered Member

:( ummmmmm.... I seem to have this problem as well. I am running Windows Me on the computer having the trouble. I did delete the verson before .... however not sure if I did before I downloaded the 3.2 version. I am thinking I thought it would update itself.... dahhhhh , didn't read if that is what i did =( However... I did get the same error message with a blue crash screen ( I call it! ) Now... I reinstalled & deleted again.... Same thing again :mad: ummmmm, what to do o_O??

I see that someone has posted the 3.1 version . I can download it again and use it, but.... if there is a newer version and new updates .....I would prefer to use them.

Please help...need assistance from " tech control please" ;)
    It would be more than appreciated! Great product here ... we need to be able to use it!

*sMiLe*

5. KRH

KRH Registered Member

I have not tried an earlier version than 3.2 on the Windows ME system. I've been using earlier versions with no problems at all with Win98.

6. SST

SST Registered Member

I've been having the same problem for about three weeks. I've gone after new download weekly to see if problem has been patched, also searched for problems with machine...

Running ME, and have a Broadcom modem (the BCMDMCCP error?). Previous versions all ran fine.

7. KRH

KRH Registered Member

I have a BCM V90 modem, so the problem is apparently with Windows ME. It's actually hard to see what the modem driver could have to do with the situation, anyway, especially when trying to open the program offline.

8. KRH

KRH Registered Member

I installed a copy of the previous version on my WinMe machine and it works fine. I'll go with that for the time being. Even though I won't be able to update, it's better than no protection at all. Spywareblaster is an invaluable program and I hate to be without it on any of my computers. (It's a relief and a pleasure to be able to sign on to ATT without receiving the otherwise obligatory tracking cookies from Doubleclick and Hitbox. It fills me with the "thrill of victory".)

9. smiliiiiiie

smiliiiiiie Registered Member

Hey guys ( those who made this terrific program :D )..... need help here plz! You have a really nice program.... but, I need to be able to use it! It seems that SpyBlaster 3.2 is not compatable with Windows Me =) What to do?

3.1 was working great , however; I wanted the newer version. Suppose I shouldn't be greedy ...huh =) I am spoiled ;) The unwanted junk that hijacks my computer needs to have a permanent resting place!!!!!!! Spyblaster 3.1 handled that beautifuly! I am sure the new version ( 3.2 )has some more impressive additions.

Those of us that are having the trouble have a common error...( An error has occurred File name BCMDMCCP (01) + 000000175 Error OD:
    0028: C1529EB5
    ) Anyone know how this error can be corrected?

Thank you all who posted in reply to my question... but we need a fix!

*sMiLe*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.