Problem using True Image 11 with new Seagate 500 GB drive on 64 bit Vista

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by harryr2000, May 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. harryr2000

harryr2000 Registered Member

My Acronis worked fine on Vista Home premium 64 with a 160 GB Accodata drive. I need more backup space, so I bought the Seagate 500. I am getting message like ""Failed to read from the sector 63 (or whatever) on the hard disk 2"

I can continue by saying iognore, or ignore all, but then I cannot restore anything.

Seagate seems to think that Acronis might be the issue.

Any ideas?

Thanks!!

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Re: Prpblem using True Inage 11 with new Seagate 500 GB drive on 64 bit Vista

It wouldn't be the first time a new drive has bad clusters. Try running chkdsk /r on it.

3. egghead

egghead Registered Member

4. harryr2000

Well, SeaTools wil not run in this environment. I get an unhandled excpetion message. Seagate also told me today that their bundled backup software (even tho the case says Vista) will not run in a 64 bit envirnment. Go figure.

I did run chkdsk, and found no problems on the drive itself. I will now uninstall Acronis and reinstall, and see what happens.

Thanks for the replies. This is a great site!

Harry

5. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Try doing both the Backup and Recovery, or even the Clone, proceedures with the bootable Rescue cd.

6. harryr2000

Ok, I will try and let you know. Thanks. Still woindering if there is a 64 bit issue.

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello harryr2000,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure you use the latest build (8053) of Acronis True Image 11 Home. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

If the latest build doesn't solve the problem, please download the latest version of Acronis drivers and install it with disabled logging.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

- Reinstall Acronis drivers with enabled logging;
    - Reproduce the issue and collect the log file without closing any application windows (including the error message windows if there are any). The log file will be created at C:\ . The name of the log file will be snapapi [date-time].log

Please create Acronis Report as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will do our best to investigate the problem and provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.