Problem using Gadwin Printscreen 3.1

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by Tarnak, Oct 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

I just installed 3.0.5.3 to a test snapshot.

First screenshot(Captured with MS Paint) shows my attempt using Gadwin Printscreen (capture area) showing as black.

After, stopping protection from the Systray, I was able to take a screen shot with my usual program, i.e. Gadwin Printscreen.

Joe, how can this problem be overcome? :doubt: ;)

Attached Files:

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

This is intentional and is used to prevent malware from being able to grab screen contents. You can either set website protection down to "High" from Maximum or just temporarily disable SafeOnline when taking screenshots - there is no safe way to identify a screenshot program as malware could covertly use it to capture user data so we need to block them all.

3. DavidCo

DavidCo Registered Member

What happens to applications that use PrtScn as the basis for a screen capture.
    I use one and it works just fine (area etc)

4. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

We will sometimes allow these through but hitting the Print Screen key on an HTTPS website will generally trigger a warning (I'd take a screenshot of it but I can't :D):

"An attempt to take a screenshot of your system was detected. This screenshot may contain confidential information as a SafeOnline session is currently active. Do you wish to allow this screenshot to continue?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.