Problem using Firefox protection...

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Comp01, Jun 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Comp01

Comp01 Registered Member

On my Win2k box I just installed Firefox + Spyware Blaster (still getting the security programs on it slowly) and it says that Firefox isn't installed! I used the .exe installer for a change (I usually use the .zip) - How can I get it to protect Firefox?

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

3. bobby5

bobby5 Guest

I just installed 3.1
    doesnt reconize Firefox?

sees old IE
    Which I have to use to read yahoo email.

Firefox won't read yahoo.
    help

Bobreny

4. catul

catul Guest

Huh...Firefox 0.9 has no issues with Yahoo! mail. I would look at other factors (plug-ins, JRE, etc). Firefox is more secure than IE; I would stick with Firefox. You are running other anti-spyware software, right?

5. bober

bober Guest

It doesn't reconize fire fox?I just installed 3.1

6. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

That's correct. That's what the linked thread was about.

Firefox 0.9 changed the locations of some things and since SpywareBlaster 3.1 came out before Firefox 0.9, it doesn't know about the changes Firefox made. But, Javacool has said the next version will be updated to resolve this. (Of course, Firefox could go and move things yet again and break SpywareBlaster's ability to see it in the future, too.)

7. bober

bober Guest

oh ok thanks

8. SniperHill

SniperHill Registered Member

yeah, im not sure if anyone can answer my question, but i cannot get my email to open in firefox, when i use msn messenger it tells me if i have any new emails, if i click on that it opens IE which is bugged or somtin, and about 10 pop ups apear and my comp freezes, anyone know how too change my email to firefox?

9. satcolintel5

satcolintel5 Registered Member

Sorry I dont use MSN and and running away as fast as I can from any MS browser or mail reader at the moment.

Is firefox set as your default web browser?? Check under Options -> General in Firefox

Maybe MSN has hardwired itself to always open IE, gag.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.