Problem using Acronis True Image Home

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by alan_green, Dec 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alan_green

alan_green Registered Member

Hi,

Can anyone help with a basic problem using Acronis True Image Home?

I created a full backup of my data files on my current PC from the HD to an external HD. I checked that I could reinstall a few files from the backup back to the HD. This was fine.

I then tried to transfer the data to a new PC with a new HD with XP recently installed. As you can see from the screen shot I am unable to browse to any of the backed up data files to load them. I've also attached the report log file off the 'old' PC when I created the BU.

I'm hoping someone can help here as I've emailed Acronis, but not even received an acknowledgment - I'm obviously concerned as not only am I unable to transfer my data, but more importantly, the backup would not be any use if I had a HD failure on my 'old' PC!

Many thanks,
    Alan

Attached Files:

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello alan_green,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

First of all, please make sure you use the latest build, which is available here. To get access to updates you should first register Acronis software.

Please try to perform the operations using Acronis Bootable Media. To create it please follow: Tools -> Create bootable rescue media. Then boot your machine from it and you will be able to use Acronis True Image Home without booting any OS.
    Acronis Bootable Rescue Media is a standalone version of Acronis True Image Home, burned onto a CD and based on a Linux operating system.

If the issue still persists, please let us investigate it and do the following:

1. Provide us with the detailed information about your backup (source, destination, backup type)
    2. Clarify if you can mount this image with success (mounting is available only for partition\HDD backups)
    3. Confirm if the image validated with success
    4. Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. To expedite the resolution we recommend you to use our Live Chat service after that. We will do our best to investigate the problem and provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexander Nikolsky

3. jehosophat

jehosophat Registered Member

Try using Explorer to view your backup files and then copy over the specific files that you want.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.