problem updating

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by daddyx, Feb 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daddyx

daddyx Registered Member

Mr2cents, you got 10 1.993s? I only have 7.. :(

2. daddyx

daddyx Registered Member

Now I have 13 1.993s!! Why??

Nod32 is a Mickey Mouse AV. Byebye Nod32. :mad:

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

It seems only trial versions are affected, just going to probe it before I go to bed. Anyway, I don't think it's a big issue if NOD continually downloads 2,7 kB file once per an hour (or even a couple of hours). Furthermore, I expect the issue to get fixed with the next update which is going to be issued either today or tomorrow at latest.

Daddyx, if you mind it, please drop me a PM and I'm sure I'll be able to help you out with that.

4. Golden

Golden Guest

Still not finishing the update for me, eset better get their asses in gear or I won't be buying squat from them.

5. waters

waters Registered Member

I ALSO HAD PROBLEM.
    Also there homepage keeps going off

6. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

Like I stated further up this thread, this is an issue ONLY with the trial version, and Marcos is investigating it further.

Cheers

Blackspear.

7. Bandicoot

Bandicoot Eset Staff

Hello folks,

I would suggest that you delete the contents of your updfiles folder in the Eset folder (Program Files\Eset\updfiles) and let the issue fade away.

Cheers.
    Bandicoot.
    (Eset)

8. Bilby

Bilby Guest

Do you mean by doing this, NOD32 (four days into trial) will not attempt hourly updates even though it is already updated? If so, it does not work, as I emptied the specified folder six hours ago and NOD32 still wants to update to virus database version 1.993 though it is already there (five times since emptying, once every hour).

Or should I just empty the folder and be quiet?

-Bilby

9. I tried updating my purchasec version and i get the error that the download file is damaged. o_O

10. Blackspear

Hi Bilby, there is an issue with only the trial version updating, they are presently trying to find out why. So if you are still seeing the problem after following Bandicoots advice then by all means please tell us as you have, there is no sweeping of problems under the rug here, we want to know if you are having a problem and Eset will do their utmost to see that it is resolved.

Cheers :D

11. Blackspear

Hi Michael, can you please download a FRESH copy of Nod32 from www.nod32.com

Uninstall your current version.

Remove the Eset Folder from C Drive> Program Files.

Install the FRESH copy of Nod32 that you downloaded above.

Let us know how you go…

12. Bilby

Bilby Guest

Hey Blackspear-

Reporting in on progress. NOD updated to 1.994 then 1.995 virus database and it seems the constant 're'updating is a thing of the past! Woohoo!

I also wanted to thank you for all the time and effort you put in here. Salute!

-Bilby

13. auriell

auriell Registered Member

I am using registered version of nod32 and having no problems to update. I just changed the update server name on the list available - and get instant update. I turned off automatic update and change it to on-demand update. It works perfectly for me.

14. Mr2cents

Mr2cents Registered Member

Nod just updated to 1.995 for me also..see screenshot. I believe updating has been fixed. :D Previously, I could click on update now, and it would do a update enerytime i did this. Now I get a message that nod is already up to date. :D

Attached Files:

15. Mr2cents

Mr2cents Registered Member

Her's a second screenshot showing nod is already up to date. Good news :D As previously stated, I could hit the update now button. And it would do updates everytime I clicked it. Now I get this box :cool:

Attached Files:

• nod2.jpg
      nod2.jpg
      File size:
      90.9 KB
      Views:
  16. sagittarius

sagittarius Registered Member

I've been getting error warnings from several of my client's computers over the past 2-3 weeks with the "downloaded file is damaged" message. I haven't worried too much as I assumed it would correct itself on the next attempt.
    But now this has just happened to me on a computer when I was updating a freshly installed version of Nod, after 30% of the update and I am using the full XP version which I downloaded from the Eset home page here:
    http://www.esetsoftware.com/download/download.htm
    I can't recall this ever having happened prior to this, so did a quick check of the forum to find out if anybody else had been experiencing & found this thread.
    In the time I have been writing this, I have started the update again and successfully downloaded it.
    But the GOOD news is that, after having scanned this computer with Stinger, Trend Damage Cleanup Engine, Ewido, TDS-3, Spybot & Adaware, I was on the verge of tearing my hair out because I knew there was still something hanging around on it ... the scan with Nod has just deleted 16 more trojans!!!
    What a pity this person already has Norton A/V and I now have to remove Nod :'( ... guess I'll be seeing her again ... LOL

17. Blackspear

Thanks for keeping us up-to-date Bilby and with a good result.

The pleasure is all mine.

18. Blackspear

Excellent, nice to see.

19. Blackspear

It happens with us on a rare occasions as well…

She’ll be back ;) :D

20. wind

wind Registered Member

is ur problem resolved??

21. sagittarius

sagittarius Registered Member

I see this error message a lot on client machines ... I assume it means what it says that the file is somehow corrupted or damaged. If you are still on line when you get the message, just go to the control panel & click Update Now and the next download should be OK.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.