Problem uninstalling/reinstalling NOD32 v4

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by JuliusB, Apr 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JuliusB

JuliusB Registered Member

I have problems uninstalling and reinstalling NOD32 v4.
    I have Vista x64. A few days ago installed Vista SP2 RTM Escrow build on top of Vista SP1 installation and NOD32 v4 was installed too.
    So I installed SP2 RTM Escrow on top.
    Now after a few restarts NOD32 says real-time protection could not start - program needs to be reinstalled.
    While trying to do this through Add/remove Programs I get error message saying not enough privileges to modify some ESET registry keys.
    After restart I can't install NOD32 anymore.
    Look at this screen:
    http://ikelk.lt/storage/images/000/004/139/4139/original_img.PNG
    Files cannot be removed manually either and yes I have admin rights.
    So I figure out it must be the new NOD's self protection? However after starting windows in safe mode and disabling ESET service I still get these errors and installation cannot continue past that.

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

I would try to delete this stubborn file with a program like Unlocker . It is very small , easy to install and use.

ESET doesn't have a removal utility . However , removing the program is generally easy to do . You can read this for more help and delete manaully the necessary things - in Safe Mode. At the end I would use this , too.

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Have you tried uninstalling EAV in safe mode?

4. JuliusB

Maybe I don't know something but NOD32 was not listed in add/remove programs anymore. And installer file would not run in safe mode.

However, after booting into safe mode I was able to manually delete ESET folder. But this did not fix the problem. However th simple fact that I was able to do this in safe mode suggested there probably is protection somewhere else that does not start in safe mode. Drivers? Downloaded little utility called driverview 64 an here it was - two ESET drivers installed and running.
    Again booted into safe mode, manually deleted these two drivers from windows folder and here installtion works ok now!

5. JuliusB

6. JuliusB

Today I had to restart my computer three times for ESET real-time protection to start working.
    Should I run some diagnostics or gather info any other way?
    Before installing SP2 RTM Escrow it was running fine.
    Thing is, RTM Escrow is almost final Vista SP2 release.

7. e36

e36 Registered Member

...key words.

8. JuliusB

exactly
    difference will be very small, it's already finished like 99%.
    who can guarantee the problem won't be in final sp2?
    (if it's sp2 problem and not my computer that is, but again, everything worked perfect before sp2 install)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.