Problem uninstalling ESET NOD32 version 4

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by not to happy, Jul 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. not to happy

not to happy Registered Member

I downloaded the trial version of this program, now I can't seem to get rid of it. I followed the instructions about uninstallling it from the Start Menu verses the control panel. All seemed to go well. I did the reboot, expecting Windows Vista Home Prem. to tell me I needed to install an AV program of some sort. Instead it says ESET is still protecting my computer.
    I ran a search and deleted everything ESET, rebooted again, and still it says ESET is protecting my computer. How can that be?? o_O
    Can someone tell me how to resolve this problem?? I was going to try out the trial version of ESET Smart Security, but I'm not sure I will if it's going to be this much of a problem should I decide I don't like the program.
    I also ran into several times when it told me I could not update the database. I don't remember the message it gave, sorry.
    I gave up my subscription to McAfee early because it had become a PITA to deal with. This isn't exactly a selling point as far as selling the ESET products.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

It sounds like your WMI repository got corrupt. Try repairing it per the instructions here.

3. not to happy

not to happy Registered Member

Marcos
    Thank you, that worked. Not sure why that got corrupted, but it's fixed and that's all I care. Thank you for the fast reply. You have restored my trust in ESET:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.