Problem Uninstalling ESET NOD32 v. 3

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by jrod1986, Mar 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jrod1986

jrod1986 Registered Member

I was using the trial version of ESET NOD32, but then decided to use something else instead. I used the uninstall tool, and it successfully removed the program, and Windows popped up saying that no Anti-virus was found and all that good stuff. In order to complete the uninstallation I needed to restart my computer, so I did. When the computer rebooted, it said that ESET NOD32 was updated and running, even though all the program files are gone. How can I get rid of it completely, and why did it not uninstall fully?

Thanks for your help.

2. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

3. jrod1986

EDIT: I was able to get it installed, just needed to open it as admin. Thanks.

I can't seem to use that. When I try to run it an error message comes up that says:

Windows Script Host
    Script:
    C:\Users\Jarrod\AppData\Local\Temp\IXP000.TMP\StartMsi.vbs
    Line: 17
    Char: 1
    Error: Permission Denied
    Code: 800A0046
    Source: Microsoft VBScript runtime error.

4. jrod1986

Unfortunately, non of that seemed to work. Any other options?

I'm running Vista Ultimate, and the security center shows multiple anti-viruses, even after ESET has been uninstalled.

5. pac73

pac73 Registered Member

Do a search for anything with ESET in the name.And what it finds delete everything.Then use Ccleaner to clean up.
    That should do it.

6. clint7

clint7 Registered Member

Eset NOD32 should make an UNINSTALLER program like Kaspersky,Norton Symantec and McAfee. I had similar problems and like to never got it all out. I had to go into the Registry which is something that your standard user knows nothing about. If there is such a program I would like to know.

7. ASpace

ASpace Guest

@ jrod1986

Most probably the problem is not in ESET NOD32 . It should be uninstalled.

It is the Windows Security Center which thinks it is still there coming from
    jrod1986 , make sure that there are no files present in C:\Program files\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\ and that there is no ESET entries in Control Panel -> Programs and feautures

Then

9. Reboot again after a while

Good luck! :thumb:

8. ASpace

ASpace Guest

I am not aware of any uninstaller utility . It is not needed because most uninstallations are clean and trouble-free. If the uninstall fails , the MSI installer for EAV/ESS can be used to uninstall the program (just run it , it shall see a leftover and remove it)

9. clint7

clint7 Registered Member

The installer would not install my paid for version of NOD32 because it showed that the trial version was still there even though I had already uninstalled it. I disagree, I believe that they should be NOD32 Removal Program. I know that such a program works great with Kaspersky and Norton.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.