Problem sending email

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by StevePruitt, Apr 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StevePruitt

StevePruitt Registered Member

A problem suddenly started late yesterday. When I try to send email, using Outlook Express, it hangs with the progress bar at varying places. If I stop the sending and disable IMON the message goes out successfully. I've tried changing various settings, but nothing helped.

Nothing was changed in NOD settings yesterday, but I did apply patch MS07-017 earlier. I think I sent email successfully after that, but can't remember the timing.

Anyone have any ideas? I sent a message to ESET Support through their webform.

Steve

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hello and Welcome to Wilders !
    I would suggest the following :

Repair Winsock
    Windows XP SP2 / Windows Vista only

Goto Start –> Run
    type cmd and click OK.
    Type netsh winsock reset
    Press ENTER . Restart immediately !

Note that there is a space between the commands , example netshSPACEwinsockSPACEreset

After restart , open NOD32's Control Center -> Click IMON and reregisted it to the system

When IMON is ready , open Control Center -> IMON -> Setup -> "HTTP" tab -> Client compatibility and make sure all applications (at least) Internet Explorer (iexplorer.exe) are set on Higher compatibility

http://pandaman.my.contact.bg/imoncompmode.PNG

3. Steel

Steel Registered Member

Ups, i thought, the better way is all Appl. setting to green ? :eek:

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

It is, HiTech_boy is trying to see if a solution works.

Cheers :D

5. StevePruitt

StevePruitt Registered Member

Well, now it looks like the problem was at our ISP (Roadrunner), but it's strange. For one evening, I could sent email if I disabled IMON, but not otherwise. Through most of the next day, I coudn't send no matter what, and all symptoms pointed to the ISP's mail server. Then it started working again, and I don't have to fiddle with NOD32 at all.

I wonder what they could have done that first evening, when I had to disable IMON. We'll probably never know.

Thank everyone for your help!

Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.