problem restoring

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by withoutaclue, Aug 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. withoutaclue

withoutaclue Registered Member

I created a backup using the automatic split into CD sized parts which I then copied onto several CD's. So far so good. Then I tried the restore , when asked to insert the last disk I did and started the resore. Then it asked for volume 1 , so i inserted disk 1 but it continued to ask for disk 1!. As a workaround i copied all the files to a dvd pointed acronis at the last file and it restored perfectly. So why wont it recognise the files on indvidual CD's ?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello withoutaclue,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Well, it is really hard to say what was the reason of such a problem, but most likely it was the wrong CD.

First of all, please make sure that you use the latest build (937) of Acronis True Image 8.0 which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

Please also double check the CD you was inserting when Acronis True Image 8.0 asked for the volume 1. This CD should actually contain the first volume of the image archive.

I would also recommend you to try to verify the image archive saved on CDs by means of the Check Image tool. To do this you should insert the last created CD first and then follow the Check Image wizard instructions. Inform me about the results.

Please also let me know what exact error message you have received when inserted disc that appeared to contain volume 1, but Acronis True Image 8.0 kept asking you to insert volume 1 again and again.

Tell me if you have tried to restore an image archive from under Windows or when booted from Bootable Rescue CD.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Last edited: Aug 29, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.