Problem Restoring Disks - getting blanks!!!

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by AntonV, Sep 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AntonV

AntonV Registered Member

I've purchased and been using Paragon Hard Disk Manager™, version 2010, build 9369 (15.01.10 ) Suite.

Most of my backups restore very well, BUT

I have two disk backups that result in blank harddrive if I try to restore them. I've tested both archives and no problems were found - I can also see and restore files in those archive. But when I go to restore disk, preview of the resulting changes shows blank disk (single unallocated green partition) - and if I go ahead I get empty drive!

First time I ran into this problem i thought it was just a fluke, a bad archive. But now I've backed up another drive, successfully restored it to another drive once, but now I'm getting the empty restores with it too!!

Please help I need to get that disk restored!

2. Dundertaker

Dundertaker Registered Member

Hmmm....I don't know if this is related but I am getting folders that are also "empty/blank" from a differential restore. This was observed using XP SP3 and Windows 7 using Paragon Backup and Restore 10.2 freeware.
    The first full restore I did from an archive took all my music files and pictures plus all my pdf/rtf/.txt dcuments outside My Documents folder.

Maybe this is related or not but I wish there would be some guidance to problems with restoring....it's a nice program but these problems are not nice.

3. AntonV

AntonV Registered Member

Here are some pictures of what happens:

1. Paragon1.gif
    2. Paragon2.gif
    3. Paragon3.gif

4. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Did you try selecting (clicking on) Local Disk E to restore?

SELECTDISKE.jpg

5. AntonV

AntonV Registered Member

you mean just do just a single partition restore instead of disk restore? I'll try it

6. AntonV

AntonV Registered Member

Yep - single partition restore worked fine, so I guess I can work around the problem by copying one partition at a time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.