Problem restoring an acronis image- someone please advise

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by chrome_sturmen, May 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chrome_sturmen

chrome_sturmen Registered Member

ok- thinking back, i made some mistakes and couldve avoided this entirely- but now i have to move forward as best as i can:

i had two operating systems installed- windows server 2003, and as a backup safety partition, windows 2000.
    something went wrong recently with the windows 2000, and to make a really long story short, i wound up corrupting my windows server 2003 partition trying to fix the windows 2000.

i just updated my windows server 2003 image a couple days ago- its been up for a year and a half and runs solid- i have every setting the way i like it- it took me months to set it up right.

but when i restored from the image, windows starts up, then immediately logs back off- and theres nothing that i can do to stop it. something just doesnt work, and so im looking at having to reinstall everything from scratch, even though i just made a fresh image a couple days back.

what can i do? i have noticed this problem before-it seems that in order for the image to work- you have to restore it to the same partition that the image was created on. the new image was created on partition 3, but i restored it onto partiton 2.

can someone advise?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.