Problem Reports and solutions

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by julio99, May 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. julio99

julio99 Registered Member

I had a minor problem yesterday and I went to the Problem Reports and Solutions tab in the Control Panel and much to my surprise I found that all the options under Tasks in the left side pane were greyed out except for "Change Settings". I've been to services to see if they were started and yes it was, as was Windows Error reporting. I can't seem to find anything in the Event Viewer either. I sure hope someone can help me re start this. See attached screenshot. PR&S.JPG

2. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Last edited: May 3, 2009
  3. julio99

I dont have an action center or action center icon that I can find. Why are those lines greyed out under tasks? Those should be functional at all times from what I remember. I did go into system and maintenance and got to PR & S from there. When I made one of the changes that you suggested I ended up with one of these yellowish banners(see screenshot) This is almost like I dont have privileges. I am really stuck as to why these lines aren't functional.

PR&S1.JPG

Just tried the rt click wercon.exe run as admin. didn't come back. I'm baffled !!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. GlobalForce

Windows has a way of forgetting who's boss. How long has your system been up? You running as admin?

5. julio99

Maybe 2 years, but not steady. Plus I used Acronis backup yesterday to fix the problem when I first noticed this. I set my system back a week and everything was fine. I wake up this morning after reinstalling these windows updates (13) of them and I'm back to square one. That's all I've changed.

Yes running as Admin

6. GlobalForce

Good'ol Win stability. Got noth'in at the moment. Best to relax, let things develop and come back later (after the nocturnals have awoken).

7. GlobalForce

Outside of those recent updates, you have a nvidia control panel of some sort onboard?

8. julio99

Thanks!Will do before I freak

9. julio99

No I don't believe I do. My laptop is an Acer Aspire 5100 4GB RAM Linksy's Router. I've just noticed that the PR&S service won't stay started. It's default is Manual, but I've tried it to Auto and neither one will stay started. I can't figure this out for the life of me.

Now it seems to be staying on in Auto/ Now it's back off again. This problem really sucks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.