problem opening spyblaster

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by mattyl, Jun 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mattyl

mattyl Registered Member

I was able to download and install spyblaster ... however when I clicked on "finish" on the last screen of the install I get this Error! message:

This program has been damaged, possibly by a bad sector of the hard drive or a virus. Please reinstall it.

I tried to unistall and reinstall but got the same message... is this a common error? I'm getting help now with a hijackthis log and have done a few virus scans which all come up clean. Any ideas? Thanks a lot.

mattyl

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

3. mattyl

mattyl Registered Member

thanks snowbound... I took a look at the thread. I have already run CWShredder though and it is now telling me that I'm clean. I've also gotten help with a hijackthis log and had to use the recovery console to get rid of a hidden installer (of CWS i believe)... Still no luck installing spyblaster though... I'm helping a friend clean out his system and it is the most difficult job I've had so far! Thanks for the advice though...

4. snowbound

5. mattyl

mattyl Registered Member

i hadn't seen that post... thanks for bringing it to my attention. could you point out which program to download from the link. I could not read read a word of it!!! Is it the "download" link at the bottom of the page?? Thanks a lot snowbound.

mattyl

6. snowbound

Yes it is that download link at the bottom. ;)

snowbound

7. mattyl

mattyl Registered Member

amazing! it worked like a charm and I am now able to run spyblaster!!! Thank you so much for helping snowbound. Do you know what "infection" that program cleaned? Was it a new variant of the CWS?? I wish I could have read the article... Well thanks so much again

mattyl

8. snowbound

I don't know if it is new, all i know is, it is CWS. ;)

Iam glad u got it working. :D

snowbound

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.