Problem on Vista

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by jeffcortes, Apr 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeffcortes

jeffcortes Registered Member

i got this problem on my vista. after i install V4 it keeps restarting my pc. now i try to install sp2 hoping to resolve this problem.

is sp2 for vista is safe now for v4?

2. e36

e36 Registered Member

Well, V4 is a little over a month out of beta and Vista SP2 is still beta. Not a good combo if you ask me.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2009
  3. GAN

GAN Registered Member

Unless i'm wrong SP2 is not yet supported by Eset since it's a beta. So installing a unsupported beta trying to fix the problem while you have no idea what is actually happening and if SP2 is relevant at all sounds like a bad idea to me. If the problem still exist after installing SP2 i'm sure the only answer you will get is that SP2 is not supported so at that point you might not get any further support from Eset. But of course SP2 could solve your problem and could make it even worse. Since you have not been able to identify why the reboot occur there is no way anyone can tell you if SP2 might fix the problem or not. Maybe it's a better idea trying to identify the problem. It could be a conflict with another software you are using.

4. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Try uninstalling ESET Smart Security from Safe Mode and then reinstalling it.

Does that make any difference?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.