Problem making backups

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by wretsub, May 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wretsub

wretsub Registered Member

Hello Group,

I am hoping that someone can tell me what I am doing wrong.

I have TI 8.0 and the system makes backup copies to my D: drive and to another drive on schedule.

The problem is that I going to try to write to my CD writer and that does not work. The program returns the message that the media is bad.

However, I was able to create a bootable start up disk and the program return and OK.

Then I decided to just try and write a copy and paste to the CD and I got the message from XP in my task bar... waiting to write to cd. Then when I opend the file, I had an option to write to cd.

It wrote to the CD the file. Then I tried to delete the file, and it say it was a read only cd..which is not correct...

When I when into my computer and did an earse the CD.. it delete the file.

OK.. what am i doing wrong? Or better yet, what do I have set wrong..

Hope this makes sense...

Thanks for any help

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello wretsub,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

First of all, please use the latest build of Acronis True Image. We also strongly recommend you to update your copy of Acronis True Image 8.0 to the 826 build. In order to get access to updates you should register account on our site (or just log in if you have already created it) and then register your copy of the product.

If that doesn't help then we also recommend you to update third party CD writing software if any to the latest version available for free on its respective web site.

If the problem remains please download, unpack and install the following file?

http://www.acronis.com/files/support/TrueImage8.0_cdlog_s_en.zip (Acronis True Image 8.0 Standard English)

After this please run the program, reproduce the problem and send the cdrecord.log file created in the \Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\CDRecord folder to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and help you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

3. wretsub

Hello,

I am still having problems writing to my cd recorder when trying to do a full backup.

I was able to write to the CD to created a bootable CD. Also, I was able to write and create a data file.

According to the message in the forum, I downloaded the zip file and installed the program again.

After installing, I started the backup again and got 25% thru and got the message bad media (I have attached the screen shot).

Per your request, I am also including the log file.

Also, you wanted to add a link to the forum message:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=79331

Thanks for the help

Clif

4. wretsub

Hello Tech Support...

Are we still working on this problem??

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello wretsub,

Please read my post.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.