Problem logging in!

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by HiSpeed, Jan 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HiSpeed

HiSpeed Guest

Hi, everyone.

I have a little problem. The system always gives the error message as follows: "The username you tried to register already exists." HiSpeedV is my registered user name.

If I use any other name beside the user name, I will be guest, but if I use my user name in the Name field, the system will not allow me to do that. What should I do? Please, help.

Best regards.

HiSpeedV

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Hi HiSpeedV,

Well you are posting as a Guest, that's why there is a place to fill-in a username on each post. You need to fully log into the forum so that you aren't a quest anymore. (Be sure you use the "login" button not the "register" button, but follow the "cleanup" below first!!)

The best way to do this is to: close all browser windows; empty the browser cache; delete any/all cookies related to "wilderssecurity"...

Now, if you have any web filtering or cookie management tools, proxy software or a firewall that controls "trusting" a website, you must ensure that you allow cookies from www.wilderssecurity.com and wilderssecurity.com (they are technically different). Also, this forum uses active scripting (javascript) so that needs to be enabled. (If you are using Internet Explorer, it's best to just add this site into the trusted sites list.)

Then, open a new browser session and navigate to the main page:

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/

Use the Login button at top of page or the quick login at bottom right-side of page (I prefer this one). Enter your username and password (correctly) and choose "forever" for login time. You should be able to log on. From then on you are in so no need to specify a username on every post.

3. HiSpeedV

HiSpeedV Registered Member

Hi, LowWaterMark.
    Thankyou very much. Everything is up and working as you have suggested.

Best regards.

HiSpeedV.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.