Problem loading images on websites.

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by _Rupert_, Nov 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Rupert_

_Rupert_ Registered Member

Hey,

Firstly, congratulations to ESET for releasing the new generation of products! After using NOD since version 2, I'm very pleased today to have installed 3.0.551.0!

The problem I'm noticing is that on some websites (random websites), certain images won't be displayed.. but if I refresh the page then usually they do load.
    There's no pattern to this. If I load the same website 10 times, sometimes all pictures will display, sometimes certain pictures won't.. that do next time.
    I've noticed this on a number of websites (I'm guessing the website in question doesn't matter), but ESET's UK homepage: www.eset.co.uk is one of them.

I'm using ESET NOD32 Antivirus 3.0.551 (clean install). Restored system to before any Anti-Virus was ever installed prior to installing.

Here's a screengrab from the About window:
    Operating System is Windows Vista Ultimate (x64), and I only have the Windows Firewall enabled.. no other Firewall etc. This problem didn't happen under 2.70.39.

Is anyone else experiencing this?
    P.S all the settings are on the Typical (recommended) defaults from the installation.

Thanks.

2. nodHead

nodHead Registered Member

Yes. I am seeing the same issue on both of my test boxes. Running the NOD32 Version 3 Trial on Vista X86.

I'm stumped why it's happening but it is really annoying. :doubt:

3. Slochy

Slochy Registered Member

4. nodHead

Thanks! :thumb: :D

But it's odd that we have to disable a feature to make the final product work reliably.

5. nodHead

Also adding that I quite often get "Connection Reset" in Firefox 2.0.0.9 when just browsing around.

6. _Rupert_

Are ESET working on solving this?

7. Big Apple

Big Apple Frequent Poster

Couldn't agree more......it cannot be the purpose of a security module, to be disabled in order to use it properly.
    This has been written about Kaspersky as well.......a lot of people couldn't get it to run properly and all they got as a tip: disable this, disable that etc.

All modules of Nod should work 100% and if that's not the case, they should have waited with releasing the final till every problem is ironed out. I have read far too many problems now and was reason for me to not to use it for a while.

8. garyrh

garyrh Registered Member

Version 3.0.560 also still has this problem of images not loading on some web sites including Esets.

9. _Rupert_

Yep.

I've decided to downgrade back to 2.70.39 for a while, until this bug has been resolved. It's too frustrating to tolerate unfortunately.

10. saffron

saffron Registered Member

I upgraded back to V2.7 too.

11. Big Apple

Big Apple Frequent Poster

I would call it a very big 'Downgrade' :D

12. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

13. _Rupert_

14. nodyforever

nodyforever Registered Member

15. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

I would check my browser cache in case that might have something to do with it. Set the cache to a lower amount.

16. matthewfarmery

matthewfarmery Registered Member

Im getting this too, its extremely annoying, It seems to effect forums for me, mainly phpbb powered, and mainly using the default theme, and its nearly always new posts, old post icons are fine, but also the new post button icon also keep disappearing, and I just get the text, I have tried to lower my browser cache,that has done anything, 2.7 had no issues, but 3 is just buggy, I may also downgrade also, seems to me, that version 3 needed at least a couple more RC cycles, releasing it with these issues and while its still buggy from other issues its just plain silly

17. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

18. Neal-UK

Neal-UK Registered Member

I'm also getting images not loading unless I refresh IE with the latest Nod32 running on Vista. Was fine before.

19. neut

neut Registered Member

Same here (Vista x86/IE - but saw it XP/IE7 as well-, Firefox and Opera seem to be fine). The issue seems to occur when JavaScript code is used in a website to display a picture?
    This bug surprised me, all the Betas and RC versions worked flawless.

Well, woke up my good old 2.70 from beyond the grave. :cautious:

20. Mercury_22

Mercury_22 Registered Member

Any time frame for this to be available ?:cool:
    It will be a new version of NOD32 or just a fix o_O?

21. nodHead

Gosh that's good news. Can't wait for the new version. Thanks :thumb:

22. nodyforever

Here there is one of the examples that me happens while sailing with the FF with the EAV v3.

It me happens so much in the images like a certain slowness to sail in the sites to the point of giving the same mistake.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 9, 2007
  23. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Try Firefox in the Firefox safe mode on the start menu on those sites. Have you made any modifications to Firefox in the about:config file?

24. nodyforever

Yes I altered some things in about:config but when I had the version v2.7 it was working perfectly and I had never constant problems of this type.

This was rare to happen or almost null in other words I use it with the same configurations that 2.7 was using with the version.

But really these mistakes give besides to me sailing notices a slowness to load the pages I find what is therefore that it gives me these mistakes.

Thanks

25. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Thank you nodyforever. I believe I would try the safe mode and if the images load correctly, I would guess a conflict exists in your settings and the new version of NOD.

NOD 3.0 is built differently than 2.7 as you know.

It also looks like ESET is working on the problem. https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1112117&postcount=26

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.