Problem loading Image file to Sata Disk

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by yrndtn, Mar 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yrndtn

yrndtn Registered Member

Hi,

I'm using an image file (made with sysprep, using mimisetup for the difference hardware configuration of each computer) for installations in my office.
    I didnt have any problem with the old computers, untill we start buying new desktops with Sata2 Disk. I cant restore the image. The only way that I succeed was when i extract the image file to an IDE disk, and perform clone to the Sata one. I tried to make a new installation on a sata disk, make the image file, but still have the same problem.
    I dont know what should i do, my solution is very complicated and takes a lot of time.
    I have a bootable disk with acronis true imge version 6.01

Thanks for any help.

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

If it is really TI6.01 I suggest the first thing you do is upgrade. I doubt the bootable CD has drivers for SATA on it.

3. yrndtn

yrndtn Registered Member

So, you think it it is the bootable CD problem?
    It does recognize the Sata disk, and I can see that it is extracting the files onto it.
    I dont have problem to upgrade/purchase a newer version, but I just want to be sure first that it will solve my problem.
    What version should I get, to make sure it will happend?

Thanks

4. seekforever

Nothing is for sure, but for something that is 4 major versions out of date and a relatively new technology I would wonder about it. You can download a trial version of TI10 and see without spending any money. The bootable CD made with the trial will not create an image but it will restore an already created image. The Windows program does both create and restore but is time limited to 15 days.

I would also wonder about missing SATA drivers in your image but you say you can't restore and it runs if you go to an IDE drive first so it seems to point to the restore program which is your TI6 CD according to your post.

5. yrndtn

yrndtn Registered Member

My mistake: I'm using Acronis True Image version 8.0

6. seekforever

Are you cloning using the same TI CD? If so, that would indicate it does understand SATA.

Do your motherboards support SATA2? What might be a problem is if your motherboard is SATA and the drives are SATA2 they may have an intermittent problem unless they have the jumper installed that forces them to SATA (lower transfer rate). Note, that they should automatically adjust but it is known that they don't always back down to the slower rate if necessary.

I never used TI8 but I think it supports SATA.

7. yrndtn

yrndtn Registered Member

I always used the same CD, for the extraction & cloning. I dont have something else.
    I think the motherboard is support Sata2, but I will check it to make sure.
    I'm trying to download the trail version of the latest TI, and I will check to see if it is solve the problem.
    I will also try to find out how to jumper the HD to force it sata, and I will let you know if it solve my problem. Thanks

8. RTShaw

RTShaw Registered Member

lost most control of my fingers so pleaqe bear with me, it hurts like hell 2 type.
    what motherboard?? thats very strange i use sata &sataII on all my networked computers (bedridden eng) with no problems even bought sata cards 4 the computers that didnt have sata support on the mobo - using ti 8 & 10 ive backed up/restored to almost every sata & sata ii drive on the network without 1 problem, even restoring from a sata ii drive on any networked computer 2 a diff one. have sata suppport with sata II drives? if so then u have 2 chg the jumper on some sata drives (like the orig raptors).. so if the card supports sata but not sata ii (just wanted 2 make it clear) then u should at least try a test jumpering the sata ii drive to 1.50 gb/sec instad of 3.0 Gb/sec that's worth a shot. had 2 do this on an asus p4c800E dlx when i purchased a pci sata card 4 it. said it supported sata ii but it actually supported only sata but once i chgd the sata ii drives 2 sata (1) limiing their max to 1.5gb ran smooth as a babys bottom. hope tthis helps.

9. yrndtn

yrndtn Registered Member

Usually we working with Asus/Foxccon/Asrock motherboards.

It seems like it is working when i force it to work as Sata with jumper.
    I tries it on 2 Asrock motherboard, and it is working.
    I will keep following it with other motherboards, to see if it is the problem.

Thanks for your help.

10. RTShaw

RTShaw Registered Member

Glad i could be of service..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.