Problem loading AMON NOD32

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by lifehacker, Feb 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lifehacker

lifehacker Registered Member

I have been recently getting some problems with NOD32 2.5.13. When NOD32 runs on startup its AMON sometimes does not load and I get the message "Unable to load file system monitor". At times AMON loads fine , and sometimes it dosent load and I get the error message. Any suggestions other than get a new AV?
    I have scanned my PC with NOD32's on demand scanner so Im pretty sure I dont have something such as the 00001/00002 virus (kills AVs).
    I am using XP home edition, and NOD32 v2.51.3. Also no other AVs are running at the same time with NOD32 and yes I have tried reinstalling.
    Would downgrading to an earlier version help? Any suggestions?

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Maybe insufficient RAM at system startup? What's the hw specs of your system?

3. lifehacker

I have 224mb ram and a 2900mb paging file.

4. q1aqza

q1aqza Registered Member

I posted similar problem in this thread a few days ago https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=121245

I've had couple of good tips which I will try at the weekend.

p.s you're privileged - you got someone from Eset answering your post. Must be coz I'm still a KAV user :D

5. lifehacker

No that thread sadly dosent help me. The strange thing is that sometimes at startup AMON works and sometimes it does not.

6. zashita

zashita Registered Member

What about the question asked by Marcos in post #2 ?
    How much RAM do you have in your system ? What is your OS ?

7. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

It could be a problem with defective RAM which may not surface when using standard applications. Also, it could be an effect of an extreme load during startup, e.g. if you have a lot of applications installed on a slower machine.

8. lifehacker

224mb ram and a 2900mb paging file. I have a dual OS system with Windows XP home and a Linux (FC4) but I obviously run NOD32 on the Windows. :rolleyes:

If I use msconfig to disable everything except the nod32kui and it still dosent work dosent it mean it has nothing to do with the amount of startup apps or am I missing something? What exactly is defective RAM and how can you tell if you have it + fix it?

9. Elwood

Elwood Registered Member

Memtest86+

Run the default tests at least ten times. The only way to fix defective RAM is to replace it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.