Problem installing Online Armor?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Piecan, Feb 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Piecan

Piecan Registered Member

I just downloaded the latest free online amour firewall and when I installed a couple of microsoft messages came up that the engine wasn't recognised and I was given the option of installing anyway. Before I try again, is this normal?

Last edited: Feb 16, 2009
  2. alex_s

alex_s Registered Member

I think you need to validate Tall Emu digital signature to proceed without Windows alerts. But do not ask me how to, for I don't know. When I installed OA long ago there were not the problems of this type. BTW, what is your OS ?

3. Piecan

Piecan Registered Member

Thanks Alex, I have Vista. I noticed that although I had clicked no to installing the unrecognised engine, when I went into the control panel it had Online Amor listed. I uninstalled it in case it hadn't installed properly with me denying something.

4. alex_s

alex_s Registered Member

They have new public beta which is pretty stable despite of some exotic compatability issues, so you might want to try it. There is a lot of changes and improvements since 3.0.0.190 release. This is here:

http://support.tallemu.com/vbforum/showthread.php?t=6706

Care to scroll down to the bottom of the thread :)

5. Piecan

Piecan Registered Member

Thanks Alex I just tried to install the latest version from that link, but the same thing appeared "Windows can't verify the publisher of this driver software" so clicked not to install and Online armor installed anyway...so again removed it. I don't know what I'm doing so I'd best leave well alone and find something else.:oops:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.